The history of The Kerala Ceramics dates back to 1937
when the Maharaja of the then Princely State of Travancore
set up one unit for Mining and Refining of China Clay
and another unit for manufacture of Porcelain wares.
The Kerala Ceramics Ltd. was set up in 1963 as a fully
owned Government of Kerala Undertaking (under Companies
Act) with its registered Office at Kundara, Kollam
by amalgamating these two units.